Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

I hope you all had a great Holiday weekend. We did here at our house. Thanksgiving was a nice low key and relaxing day. We had a nice dinner with just our family. We sure missed being close to our family who is far away... especially when they were all together or in Hawaii. We love you and I am looking for my pineapple in the mail mom :) Here are a few pictures of the highlights of our day. The boys each made their own mini pie 100% this year (using store bought dough of course because that is all we do in our house!). They peeled, chopped and seasoned their apples, rolled their dough and learned how to weave a pie. They, and I, were so proud. It is definitely a new tradition. We have a rule in our house that when you turn eight you are in charge of dinner one night a week. This means planning and making all on your own. (don't worry- I stand over his shoulder the whole time). It has given Tanner this new confidence in cooking and he loves it, so the pie was an exciting venture.
The other pictures are what Tim and I woke up to on Thanksgiving morning. Kaden had woken up with Brooklyn and planned out this whole little show before Tim and I got up. It mostly consisted of him giving her instructions like dance...jump....and shake all as she was bouncing on her bed. It was really cute. Tanner not wanting to be outdone promptly added his name to Kaden's advertising and then made a little of his own. He was a little pre-emptive however, and we haven't gotten to see the monster truck show yet. Maybe not necessarily a bad thing as it promises a journey down "the death path" (don't you love little boys).



Thursday night and Friday I braved the crowds at Walmart and Target for a little black friday shopping with a friend. It was a huge success and I was able to get everything on my list... and I only had to tackle two people :) just kidding. I was around really nice and courteous people, but you could hear all kinds of commotion, yelling and breaking glass throughout the store. Needless to say I don't have any pictures of this outing. I wasn't willing to sacrifice a deal grabbing hand for a camera. Thanks to Erika for another fun night of shopping. Next year??

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love this post! It sure makes me miss you and your family though! Oh and tell the boys great job on their pies! Seriously, they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your family. Haha.. this post made me laugh :) I also love the cooking 1 meal a week idea, I might have to use that!

    ReplyDelete