Sunday, January 22, 2012

We are in love...

...with the zoo!
I don't think a week goes by when Brooklyn doesn't ask to go to the zoo at least once. I think she thinks I am lying to her when I tell her it is closed Mon-Wed. She cries...no, it's not closed...it's open. Tim and I don't even talk about the zoo anymore because she gets so excited if she thinks it is a possibility. We used to spell it. That only lasted about 2 days until our little smarty pants says "I want to go to the Z-O-O".
She might live there if I let her. I can't blame her- it is a lot of fun. We try to go as often as there is weather warm enough that mom can stand it. Fortunately, that has been a few times this year even in January. Here are some of our pics from our last visit with some friends.
In awe of the coral reefs...
The trip is absolutely not complete without a visit to the tigers. They are her favorite for sure.



This time even the bear came down to say hello.

Here she is kissing the penguin. (This is one of those mom moments you try not to think about what has touched the glass and just think how cute right?) We took her to see Happy Feet 2. She has been really into penguins lately and loved it. She talks about penguins all the time. In fact she asked Santa for one this year. Sorry Baby, I don't think Indiana is quite that cold!

We miss you zoo and can't wait until it warms up again. Until then we will dream about all the wonderful things we will see....

No comments:

Post a Comment