Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Little Prayers...

We had a big milestone in our house last night. Tim and I kneeled down to say nightime prayers with Brooklyn and got quite a sweet surprise. She LOVES to say prayers. I mean, she cries when it is not her turn and someone else gets a chance. The last few weeks she has been saying them on her own without help. It is usually a collection of things we have helped her say in the past or what she hears other people say often. They are always repetitious, which is fine, because that is how you learn right. Well, last night she said a little prayer that came straight from her heart. For the first time she said things that were new and all her own. You could hear her pause and could tell she was thinking about what she wanted to say. It was the sweetest thing I have ever heard. It went something like this...

Dear Heavenly Father
thank you for my family...
thank you for mommy...
thank you for my family...
thank you for my pillow...
thank you for my blankies...
please bless mommy
bless my family
Jesus Christ
amen

In all fairness, I might have been so touched because I was mentioned personally..sniff..sniff.
It is hard to see her grow up so fast, but I love the little person she is growing into.
We love you sweet Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment